The only failure is quitting. Everything else is just gathering information.Jen Sincero, You are a Badass. Chapter 23: The Almighty Decision
Buy here (affiliate link)
What you learn to do
Through the methods expalined in the book, Jen Sincero guides you through:
- identifying negative self-talk and limiting beliefs as well as the self-sabotaging stories you tell yourself to keep yourself safe
- improving your self-love and giving constant reminders to love yourself and why (read them all here).
- manifesting what you need and want and how to put positivity and high frequency out to the universe and meditation
- getting validation from within through a variety of methods
- learning that you deserve happiness, money, a good relationship, a great career and anything else you want to aim for and it is available to you through the methods explained in
- giving to others and forgiveness
- managing your time and all the excuses which come with it
- navigating fear
- owning and questioning your ugly
- attracting more money
I absolutely love this book! It is especially good if you need a quick pick me up and reminder of the power within you because it is set out and laid out so clearly, so concisely and with purpose.
It brings humour in an understanding and anecdotal way to self-improvement making it an interesting read as well as a practical manual. There are 27 bite-sized chapters which provide so many useful insights, concepts and ideas.
Almost every chapter ends with a list of practical applications of the concepts which were spoken about. This is a high-quality self-help book with a good balance of practices, concepts and humour.
Quotes from the book
Because if you base your self-worth on what everyone else thinks of you, you hand all your power over to other people and become dependent on a source outside of yourself for validation.Jen Sincero, You are a Badass. Chapter 7: I know you are but what am I?
The majority of pain and suffering in our lives is caused by the unnecessary drama we create.Jen Sincero, You are a Badass. Chapter 19: The drama of overwhelm
Ever notice how if you’ve got six months to do something, it’ll take you six months to do it, but if you have a week, it’ll take you a week.Jen Sincero, You are a Badass. Chapter 19: The Drama of Overwhelm
Buy the book here