As you may be able to tell, I love to read and although my personal book list is quite long and usually non-fiction, I do love the idea of a book club.
I came across this Instagram account which intrigued me called Book Shelf Raiders. What they do is give a theme for the month and you have to find a book to read on that theme.
A flexible book club to help you raid your shelves of all the unread books you have! 📚Book Shelf Raiders
They just started out in April with the theme of ‘A book in a series’ and now May’s theme is ‘A book with a door on the cover’.
I think this is brilliant because it:
- gives you the flexibility to choose your own book rather then be restricted by other people’s tastes
- reminds you to read regularly which is so good for your soul
- keeps you on track to read at least one book a month
- allows you to connect and be a part of a group of like-minded readers
- gives you a platform to share your books and reading without judgement
- adds some excitement that you get from being slightly out of control
- gives you something to look forward to
From those two themes mentioned above, what would you pick to read?